Tuesday, February 8, 2011

ithappens

I was asked to write about things I have done in the past to troll. I have so many stories that I cannot write them all down in one blog so in the next few blogs I'll tell a few

Back about 3 years ago I was bored and started messing around with my phone, I realized there were many options people didn't know nor care about. I started messing around with options such as changing the phones language there was serious potential to annoy people. It first started by putting my mothers phone into french, she was so confused and annoyed that it inspired me. For the next year whenever someone left their phone unguarded I would change it into Spanish, or French if it was offered by the phone, on rare occasions there would be a setting for Portuguese which would make me very happy. One day it took someone longer than usual to notice their phone was stolen so I began to look at other settings. One stuck out to me. Minutebeep. The. Best. Phone. Setting. Ever. I looked up what minute beep was that night and learned it was a function which caused the phone to beep every minute to enable the user to know how long the call was to regulate minutes. I began doing it to peoples phone along with changing the language (everyone knew I changed peoples phone languages by now, most knew how to change it back). This allowed the changing of minute beep to go unnoticed. One day was talking to a friend and told her about minute beep and its glory. She immediately punched me. "What the hell, that was minute beep! I thought the FBI was listening to my phone." Text cannot convey the seriousness in her tone. Although I cannot say how other people reacted I'm sure it annoyed them.

Note I would like to point out too many people know how to fix this phone stuff so it is not really feasible to do it anymore.

Freshmen year I was bored during. I decided to device a technique to a annoy a friend of mine. After some thought I decided I would make a scavenger hunt. It took a little while but I made 15 relatively tricky clues which would take him all over the building including into the library where I told him the next clue was on page 89 or so of a 9 volume encyclopedic. The clues were made it was time to set the trap. He put his backpack in front of his locker as he does every freeperiod and I quickly stole it away and hid it. I walked up to him and asked him where his backpack was. He simply said "Dax what the $#@# did you do with my backpack" after which I handed him the clue. He spent that entire period following the clues the final of which simply lead him back to his locker.

Stay trolin friends.

Is dis too far?


14 comments:

  1. Hahaha, you're a terrible person bro. Nice, entertaining post though. I'm glad you've somewhat gotten over your phase of messing with people's phones

    ReplyDelete
  2. A certain amount of trolling does some good to the world. It teaches people to be light on their feet and to watch out for themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pranks sound so annoying! Especially the minute beep thing. I have a watch in my room that beeps every hour, and I can't figure out how to make it stop. If it beeped every minute, I think I would go insane! Oh, well. At least pranks make entertaining stories... and they probably do force people to be more careful with their stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my first time hearing of trolling.
    Very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good ideas for annoying people Dax. Changing the language of the device is the typical punishment for leaving a phone unattended and is very annoying. I also like to make the menu's of peoples ipods only have the settings option. Simeon tends to get annoyed when you do this...

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHA i think i was there when you did the minute beep. Was the unlucky victim hoda? that was genious. ps i hate you for doing that whole 3 way call thing to everyone. if that was you. but im fairly certain youre the only one that would do it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that's really funny to read about, but I'm sure I would be mad if you did it to me! I guess all pranks are like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha minute beep, I really enjoy reading about others misfortune. And you happen to be very good at it, excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reading this blog brings back memories. I remember subbie year you changed the language on my iPod to Spanish (foolish thing to do to a Mexican). But the prank that really annoyed me was the time you gave me that fake English assignment Freshman year. One day I was sick and absent from school, so I asked you if we had any homework that we had to do. You told me that we had to write a paragraph for EVERY character in The Tempest (there's about 15 or 20). So I spent the entire day writing those paragraphs in class when I should have been paying attention. That was such a dick move on your part.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to troll dax. I hate when people change the language on my phone; it's not so much an issue of not knowing how to change it back it's just annoying to spend the time to change it back. I love the minute beep prank, I remember you doing that to a few people back in the day. Keep up the trollin bro.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Re language changing: someone managed to send me an email that changed my Google Account preferences to Arabic upon opening it. I still have no idea how this happened.

    I use Minute Beep. So I guess you could troll me by turning it off? Neh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1. That is such a disturbing video. I am never letting either of my children near our computers 'til they're 18.

    2. Girl in disturbing video: If people are harassing you online, do not cry for them and let them see your father rant. It will only encourage them.

    3. Daxx I can't believe you did that to poor Chops when you were Freshmen. (Still, I'm sure it was good for him to do all that extra imaginary English homework.)

    4. Everyone: Do not trust Daxx. And don't leave your phone unattended.

    5. Daxx: "Freshmen year I was bored during. I decided to device a technique..." A. What were you bored during? B. Devise = verb; Device = noun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are such a great prankster. Have you ever thought about writing a book (Relax with Dax) or something discussing all your prank ideas? I'd probably buy it.

    Anyways, good post. Keep up all your hard work to help the world! I'm looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the video. Consequences... Will... NEVER... be.. THE SAME". What?

    I remember that scavenger hunt. I feel like you put the backpack in my locker to safehold it during the scavenger hunt, could be wrong though...

    ReplyDelete